Wednesday 5 March 2008

Thumbs up and Thumbs down.

Well, I have a victory. Mom just called and said she really likes the sweater. Phew. Well, she did say something along the lines of: “I really like the sweater. It looks good. But I’m not wearing a white blouse right now and I’m wearing khakis, so it doesn’t go. But next time I wear my jean skirt I will wear it. Thanks so much.”
Well Mom you are very welcome. So thumbs up from my mom.

What’s the thumbs down then? It’s from me. I tried out my new knit bag, and I pretty much hate it. The strap stretches WAY too much because of the k1, p1 seed stitch pattern. The bag too is just the absolute wrong. My fault that. I should have changed the number of stitches to make it a different width. Oh well. I have one thing I’m going to try to do to fix the bad, because I think it’s salvageable, but if that doesn’t work then I’m going to frog the whole thing because the yarn is just too expensive to sit somewhere unfinished.

As a side note, I found out another one of my friends is recently engaged. Congrats A. I don’t think that I’ll be invited to this wedding but I think I might send a cross stitch to them too. They live on the east coast, so for this one I was thinking about doing a lighthouse themed one. Is that too cheesy? I’ll have to go to the craft store to get some ideas.
And if I wasn’t so set on knitting something else, maybe I’d actually get started on something.

No comments: