Monday 9 November 2009

Cabley

Mittens!
I love mitts. Well, okay, I love armwarmers more! But mittens are a close second. So much fun. They are fun to make and fun to wear.
These are no exception.

I got the pattern here, and it's pretty fun. I do like to do cables every once in a while.

My one dislike about the pattern is that the cuffs ribbing isn't that stretchy. I don't know if it's because I used two strands to make the mittens warmer or if it's because of the cables. I think the cables are cute, so I wouldn't remove them, but I worry that they will be a little large and snow could get down the cuff.
Well, I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

Dat Baeb said...

Dude! What do you care about SNOW getting into your mittens? You live in California...it doesn't now here. Just make cute mittens!

Jeanne said...

Oh! But these mittens aren't for me... The person who does wear them is *definitely* going to worry about snow going down the cuffs. Especially if I force her to make snow towers with me again this Christmas! (Lucky her, eh?)

Special K said...

Can I sell these for you over here? You would make a killing!