Sunday 11 July 2010

Too HOT

Well, summer is finally here. Sure summer officially starts on June 21, but it wasn't until this past week that I felt like it was really SUMMER. Why? Lots of reasons, but the biggest one? The Heat wave! It was HOT this past week. Too hot to sleep hot. Dare I say it? Too hot to knit hot!
So since I haven't crafted anything in a while, I thought I'd show what it hasn't been too hot for.
My parent's garden:

Isn't it beautiful??
With all this heat and a few rain showers here and there it's starting to produce like crazy. I don't think that mere words can describe my excitement about eating all of the produce. We already have beans, peas, spinach, lettuce, green onions, green tomatoes, and my favourite:

Raspberries!
And yes, they are as yummy as they look. I taste tested about 100 yesterday just to make sure. Guess who will be making raspberry jam soon!
I love summer! Hope you are enjoying it too.

1 comment:

stephchows said...

raspberry jam is the best!!! OK I need to figure out where I can stick raspberry bushes in our yard LOL