Friday 3 September 2010

I gots me some AMAZING jam!

It's no secret that I love bread. Toast in particular is a favourite of mine. Well, the toast I had this morning for breakfast was the best I've had in a long while. Why? Cause it was topped with some *awesome* jam exchange jam!

Thank you Steve for sending me so much amazing looking jam! I think he even said most (all?) of the fruit comes out of his So-Cal backyard garden. How cool is that?
I love the jars and I love the labels! And they all look so tasty! I had a hard time trying to decide which one to open first!!

I mean, don't they all sound amazing?? Green Fig Preserves, Apple jelly, Mulberry & Cranberry and Ginger-Plum. Which one would you open first?
In the end, I went for the Ginger-Plum. I have a crazy love for ginger so that tipped the scales. And while I didn't find it overly ginger-y (Um... maybe because I could probably eat ginger raw...) I did *love* the taste of this jam. I immediately went back for seconds. :)

So thank you Steve for sending such amazing jam! I'm so happy we got paired up. I can't wait to try the rest. I'm sure they will be just as great!!

5 comments:

stephchows said...

Yeahhhh!!!! Steve makes the best jam!!!!

Corrie said...

Oh. I would have tried the apple jelly first. it looks great.

Just joking - what are green fig preserves?! Go for those! Figs are delsih!

Jeanne said...

Oh. You think you are So funny.

I think preserves are like jam, but with pieces?? seeds? didn't we read the definition one time?? They do look tasty!

Steve2 in LA said...

I have a feeling "preserves" may be a bit of a misnomer.

According to The Learning Channel website (and they'd know:

- In jelly, the fruit comes in the form of fruit juice.

- In jam, the fruit comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit (and is less stiff than jelly as a result).

- In preserves, the fruit comes in the form of chunks in a syrup or a jam.

Prolly shoulda' put "Jam" instead but "Preserves" just has more ... zing. Hubris, I guess. And now, I feel so dirty.

Steve2 in LA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.