Tuesday 6 September 2011

Deirdre

I'm done! Phew. I thought this shawl would never be done, it's been hanging around so long. And now that it's done I really like it! I bought this yellow yarn mainly because it was on super sale, and while I've never seen myself as much of a yellow person I kinda like it. 



Knitting details:
I got the pattern: here.
Unfortunately I made one little mistake. Totally my fault. ... I didn't increase on the WS rows and because but I still knit until the 195sts before starting the lace pattern. And because of it the shawl is the right length, but about twice as wide as it should be. Oops? It makes the scarf almost unmanageably big. (When I was showing it off I heard: (quote) "You could make a new style. Like wearing a afghan around your neck." Great.)
And the lace? I really like it! But it totally threw me for a loop until I'd done about 4 rows. For once I found the written pattern a lot easier to understand than the chart.


And in case you were wondering, this is what happens when you don't focus your camera correctly. Oddly enough, I kinda like this shot. It's kinda like what I see when I take my glasses off. 

2 comments:

stephchows said...

horray to be done!! and love the new flowers as masthead, too cute!

Corrie said...

wow, totally cool!